Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Practical Scrappers DT Challenge: Use Buttons

This week at Practical Scrappers, the challenge was to use buttons... not one of my favorite things - in fact I have NEVER used a button on a layout and probably never will again, it's just not my thing. I have seen many BEAUTIFUL layouts that have included buttons, it's just not my style I guess.

On to my layout...



The papers are Reminisce's Stripestock Collection and is called "Denise". I felt the colors worked for the photos I chose.

The flowers are Mulberry Street by Petaloo and the buttons are from Hot off the Press. I tied embroidery floss in the buttons to give them a finished look. The ribbon "stems" is just from a spool that's been hanging out in my supplies stash for longer than I can recall.

The phrase was cut on my Cricut using the Alphalicious cartridge.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy crafting,
Barb!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great double LO, Barb! The colors are just great, and for someone who doesn't like buttons, you used them well!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, I love this LO and may need to scraplift if you don't mind. The phrase is wonderful! TFS

    ReplyDelete